Hall effect sensors allow you to measure the strength of magnetic fields. In this example we will be using a 49E hall effect sensor which will send back an analog value proportional to the measured magnetic field.
- First, connect your Breadboard to your WiFi and Power Station Blocks:
- Add the block to the canvas and open its Properties Panel:
Click on the ‘Visual Map’ button and configure pins 1, 2 and 3 as follows:
- Connect the cable to your Breadboard block making sure the line from the ‘S’ side of the board is connected to pin 1:
- Now that the pins are configured we can go into the breadboard logic maker and start reading the sensor values. Using an input gate select IO1 from the drop-down menu.
- Connect the input gate to a display gate to see the sensor readings.
When passing a magnet near the sensor you will be able to see the values change. This value will change linearly in relation to the strength of the magnetic field.
In the demo I am using the magnets on the blocks to trigger the sensor reading changes.