If you have a WiFi Block, you will first need to activate your WiFi block. Activation connects your WiFi Block to your WiFi network. Once you have activated your block, you can go ahead and pair your WiFi Block.
1. Using the provided USB Cable provided, plug your Kitsi Battery Pack into the Power Station ‘Input’ port. Then connect your LED Matrix and WiFi Block to your Power Station Block.
2. When the block is an Activation Mode, its LED will show two quick bursts of light spaced by 0.4 seconds of inactivity:
3. With the Kitsunei Hub open, click on Kitsunei or Kitsunei Hub in the top left of the window or screen, select ‘Activate WiFi Block’ from the dropdown menu.
4. The WiFi Block Assistant will open and start scanning for WiFi Blocks. Select your WiFi Block when it appears. It should have a name similar to ‘Kitsunei-1234567’ (if your radio doesn't appear straight away, please press the 'Search Again' button until one does). Click ‘Next’.
From the Available Networks dropdown, select the WiFi network you wish to connect to. Type in the network password. Click Activate. Be aware that at the moment only WPA2-Personal network security is supported. Keep in mind that your computer will also need to join the same network in order to control the blocks connected to that radio.
6. During the activation process, the block will attempt to connect to the selected wifi. This process takes less than 2 minutes. Once the connection is successful, you can go ahead and close the assistant.
Congratulations, your WiFi is activated! You will only have to repeat the activation process if you switch networks.
Now you can proceed to pairing the Blocks with your computer.
NOTE: There have been cases where blocks fail to activate in areas where there are lots of WiFi connections available. If possible, move your laptop and blocks to a different place in your house/school and exit the Kitsunei Hub app completely (from the tray icon, right click -> Exit) and open it again before running the activation assistant one more time.