Ever wanted to test a set of logic without the use of the blocks? Just want to get your head around the various Gates available in the Logic Maker? Look no further, we have the Logic Block just for this case.
The Logic Virtual Block is a blank canvas without the need for the blocks. It is essentially like any other block but without any inputs or actions. As a result, it's perfect for a place to test your niche or complicated logic.
Inserting the Logic Block is the same as any other, click on the Quick Menu, and then select Logic from the Virtual Blocks Menu. This will insert the Logic Block into the Workspace. Although there is a Properties Icon, the Logic Block does not have any configurable properties.
Although the Logic Block does not have any of its own inputs or actions, it can be a parent block and thus can have access to other blocks actions. It can used as a main parent block for when using multiple blocks with multiple actions.
Example: Plotting functions
Below is an example use of the Logic Block that only uses the Logic Gates and the Dashboard.
- In the Logic Block's Logic Maker connect the following gates:
PLAY -> CLOCK -> COUNTER -> FORMULA -> OUTPUT
- Type 100 into the CLOCK Gate
- Type sin(a/4) into the FORMULA Gate
- Type "Wave" into the OUTPUT Gate
- Click the PLAY Gate to start the logic.
- Go to the Dashboard and insert the Data Graph Widget.
- Open the Data Graph Widget and add the data source Wave.
- You should now see the sin wave you created within your logic maker being plotted in real time.
- You can change the shape and form of the graph by adding/manipulating variables through the inlet ports of the FORMULA Gate. You can also change the math operations within the FORMULA Gate.